Monday, October 31, 2011

How to read a book you don't want to!



Besides being very informative this is one of the few YouTubes I have seen which I consider an excellent example of a well made YouTube. It is professional to the core with original images, a blend of live and still. Beautiful sharp editing, crisp and clean with a smattering of simple effects.

The message is clear. The presenter's voice is attractive and the whole is convincing which is why it has 65,000 views.

It is easy to make.True it would have taken a considerable amount of time and thought, but this video will stand the test of time. It does not require exceptional video editing skills. Anyone with iMove 6.3 could make this.

My point is that it is a pity people do not spend a little more time on editing.

Sadly nowadays video editing is not as easy as it was.The old version of iMovie was brilliant, easy to use and excellent quality. The new version is not. It is a version for beginners and it is so difficult to use that most would give up. I did after just one trial. Getting the soundtrack to sync was a horrible experience.

Lastly my mother always taught me to split up any job I disliked and just do a little every day. You then wake up one day and find it is done. I am painting my shed this way. I read Proust this way and I am doing Wintereisse this way. I only hope the result is as good as above.

No comments:

Post a Comment